The Madison Local Schools are committed to the education and care of young children. In the spring of 1985 Madison Local Board of Education, responding to a community need, made a commitment to Early Childhood Education. The Jesse Beer facility, formerly an elementary school, was renovated and opened as the Madison Childcare Center in August of 1985. In 1999 the program changed its name to Madison Early Childhood Learning Center (MECLC).
The Madison Early Childhood Learning Center is an ODE licensed preschool and childcare program that provides care for children 6 weeks to 12 years of age. Our program uses the Creative Curriculum assessment and the ASQ-3 screening to assist with the progress, monitoring, and growth of our children. Preschool students receive the Early Learning Assessment (ELA) three times during the academic year. All of our teachers attend on-going Step Up to Quality professional development trainings so that they are using the most recent strategies and methods in the classroom to provide the best quality of childcare in early childhood education. The strong history of parent involvement and community support has helped cultivate the Madison Early Childhood Learning Center into a high quality program.
MECLC Preschool, Infant, and Toddler programs are a 4-Star awarded program through the Step Up to Quality system. The Step Up to Quality system is Ohio’s five tiered rating system for learning and developmental programs.
Programs with 4-Stars:
- Require administrators and teachers to attend more than 20 hours of specialized training every two years.
- Require administrators and teachers higher educational qualifications.
- Use self-assessments to improve classroom practice.
- Use Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards to create activity plans that support all areas of children’s learning.
- The program expands the continuous improvement process
by developing an action plan with goals for overall program
- Work with families to develop goals for children.
- Lower staff/child ratios
We welcome you to stop in or call to schedule a tour to learn more about our program.