***Please note that you must be a resident of the Madison
Local School District to attend Madison South Preschool.
The District asks for proof of residency for all students
Filling out the preschool application gives us the information we need for classroom placement. Please make sure you click submit at the end of the form. You should receive an email with a copy of your application. This application will take approximately 15-20 minutes to fill out and will need to be filled out in one sitting, as it does not save your progress if you stop and restart.
Enrollment Window #1 - April 3, 2023 - May 31, 2023
Enrollment Window #2 - June 1, 2023 - August 4, 2023
Application Process Steps:
1. Parents complete the application (Madison South Preschool Application 2023-2024) online, or may come into the Madison South office to use the computer during school hours.
2. Complete the District registration forms through the online Final Forms portal (PLEASE NOTE: ANYONE WHO HAS FILLED OUT FINAL FORMS FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR PRIOR TO APRIL 3 WILL NEED TO DO IT AGAIN AS THE CURRENT FORMS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE BEGINNING APRIL 3:
- Complete Online Registration at https://madisonmansfield-oh.finalforms.com
- Playbook New Enrollment
- Parent Playbook- How to add a student to a current account
3. Additional forms that will need completed and turned in at the time of enrollment include:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (you must be a Madison resident for your child to attend Madison South Preschool)
- Current Child Medical Statement (signed by licensed physician or nurse practitioner)
- Current shot record
- Dental form (highly encouraged, but not required)
- Federal Poverty Form
- Communicable Disease & Illness form
- Step Up To Quality Interview form
- Media Consent form
- Class Roster form
4. After the first enrollment window closes the preschool coordinator will reach out to you via email (early to mid June) to inform you of your child's scheduled screening appointment, which will take place the week of August 14, 2023.
5. The $20 non-refundable registration fee is due at the time of enrollment. Please bring this along with your child's completed forms to the main office at Madison South Elementary.
6. A $90 non-refundable snack fee (for the year) is due at the time of enrollment. Please bring this along with your child's completed forms to the main office at Madison South Elementary.
Typically Developing Peer Models:
1. The child will be added to the roster, or wait list depending on availability. Preference is given to those students who are eldest.
2. If the child is placed on the roster, a start date and classroom teacher will be assigned.
3. If the child is placed on the wait list, the family will be called as soon as there is a spot available for the child.
Children with Possible Special Needs:
1. After the application form and Final Forms are filled out the Preschool Coordinator will get in contact with you to schedule a screening appointment. All screenings are held on the second Friday of each month.
2. After the screening is held, a Play Based Assessment may be scheduled to evaluate the child further to determine if Special Education services are needed.
3. Upon completion of the play-based assessment (PBA) a meeting to discuss evaluation results will be scheduled. If the child qualifies for services he/she will be put on an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and placed on the roster to begin services immediately.
Preschool Supply Lists
***Please note: Students will not know who their teacher is until closer to the start of school.
Mrs. Argo's Class
Full size backpack with name inside
Full change of clothing in a labeled Ziploc bag
1 pkg. Crayola Classic Broadline Washable markers
1 pkg. Crayola 24 ct. crayons
1 package of baby wipes
2 - 4 oz. cans Play-Doh
1 set of watercolor paints (8 colors)
1 container of disinfecting wipes
1 roll of paper towels
Wishlist (items helpful to have, but not mandatory to bring):
Adhesive Velcro dots
Mrs. Camillo's Class
1 can of Clorox disinfecting wipes
2 packs of baby wipes
1 paper towel
10 large Elmer's glue sticks (disappearing purple)
2 cans of playdoh
2 plastic folders with pockets
Large ziplocks- Boys
Small ziplocks- Girls
2 Black dry erase markers (wider tip)
1 full size backpack
1 water bottle labeled with child's name; (filled for preschool each day)
1 set of a full change of clothes: pants, socks, undies and shirt (send these in a large ziplock bag labeled with your child's first and last name)
Roll of clear contact paper
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Mrs. Dwyer's Class
1 Clorox Wipe Container
1 Pack of Large Styrofoam Plates
2 Play Doh Containers
1 Kleenex Box
1 Pack of Sticky Velcro
1 Box of Gallon Bags
1 Pack of Baby Wipes
1 Change of Clothes
1 Large Back Pack