***Please note that you must be a resident of the Madison
Local School District to attend Madison South Preschool.
The District asks for proof of residency for all students
ENROLLMENT FOR 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
WILL OPEN MONDAY, APRIL 4, 2022
* Preschool Screenings (dates/times) will be scheduled once
all registration information is complete. Screening
appointments will be finalized the week of August 8, 2022
and families will be notified of their child's appointment
time via email.
* Screenings will take place August 16-19, 2022. Times TBD.
* Play-based assessments will be held tentatively held
Monday, Aug. 22, Friday, Aug. 26 and Friday, Sept. 2.
PBA appointment times TBD.
* Class placements (and wait list) will be announced by
Wednesday, Aug. 24.
* Preschool Open House - Scheduled for
Thursday, Aug. 25. There will be a mandatory parent
meeting in which all paperwork must be turned in.
Open House will follow. Times TBD.
* First day of preschool will be Monday, Aug. 29, 2022.
Filling out the preschool application gives us the information we need for classroom placement. Please make sure you click submit at the end of the form. You should receive an email with a copy of your application. This application will take approximately 15-20 minutes to fill out and will need to be filled out in one sitting, as it does not save your progress if you stop and restart.
Enrollment Window #1- April 2022- May 31, 2022
Enrollment Window #2- June 1, 2022 - August 5, 2022
Application Process Steps:
1. Parents complete the application (Madison South Preschool Application 2022-2023) online, or may come into the Madison South office to use the computer during school hours.
2. Complete the District registration forms through the online Final Forms portal (PLEASE NOTE: ANYONE WHO HAS FILLED OUT FINAL FORMS FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR PRIOR TO APRIL 4 WILL NEED TO DO IT AGAIN AS THE CURRENT FORMS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE BEGINNING APRIL 4:
- Complete Online Registration at https://madisonmansfield-oh.finalforms.com
- Playbook New Enrollment
- Parent Playbook- How to add a student to a current account
3. Once both sets of forms are complete the preschool coordinator will reach out to you to schedule your child's screening appointment.
Typically Developing Peer Models:
1. The child will be added to the roster, or wait list depending on availability. Preference is given to those students who are eldest.
2. If the child is placed on the roster, a start date and classroom teacher will be assigned.
3. If the child is placed on the wait list, the family will be called as soon as there is a spot available for the child.
Children with Possible Special Needs:
1. After the application form and Final Forms are filled out the Preschool Coordinator will get in contact with you to schedule a screening appointment. All screenings are held on the second Friday of each month.
2. After the screening is held, a Play Based Assessment may be scheduled to evaluate the child further to determine if Special Education services are needed.
3. Upon completion of the play-based assessment (PBA) a meeting to discuss evaluation results will be scheduled. If the child qualifies for services he/she will be put on an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and placed on the roster to begin services immediately.