Please note that you must be a resident of the Madison Local School District to attend Madison South Preschool. The District asks for proof of residency for all students who enroll.
Filling out the preschool application gives us the information we need for classroom placement. Please make sure you click submit at the end of the form. You should receive an email with a copy of your application. This application will take approximately 15-20 minutes to fill out and will need to be filled out in one sitting, as it does not save your progress if you stop and restart.
Enrollment Window #1- March 2021- May 31, 2021
Enrollment Window #2- June 1, 2021 - August 2021
Application Process Steps:
1. Parents complete the application (Madison South Preschool 2021-2022 Application) online, or may come into the Madison South office to use the computer during school hours.
2. Complete the District registration forms through the online Final Forms portal:
a. Complete Online Registration at https://madisonmansfield-oh.finalforms.com
Playbook New Enrollment
Parent Playbook- How to add a student to a current account
b. Schedule an appointment with the registration secretary at Madison South Elementary 419-522-4319.
3. After steps 1 and 2 are completed, a staff member will reach out to let you know the next step of the process.
Typically Developing Peer Models:
1. The child will be added to the roster, or waitlist depending on availability. Preference is given to those students who are eldest
2. If the child is placed on the roster, a start date and classroom teacher will be assigned.
3. If the child is placed on the waitlist, the family will be called as soon as there is a spot available for the child.
Children with Possible Special Needs:
1. A staff member will reach out to schedule a screening with the preschool staff. All screenings are held on Fridays, and will resume with the start of the 2021-2022 school year in August.
2. After the screening is held, a Play Based Assessment may be scheduled to evaluate the child further to determine if Special Education services are needed.
3. Upon completion of the PBA, the child will be placed on the roster to begin services immediately.