We achieved 5-star Rating!!
Programs with five stars:
- Require administrators and teachers to attend 30 hours of specialized training every two years.
- Hire teachers with higher educational qualifications.
- Use self-assessments to improve classroom practice.
- Use Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards to create activity plans that support children’s learning.
- The program expands the continuous improvement process by developing an action plan with goals for overall program improvement.
- Work with families to develop goals for children.
- Engage families with community partners.
- Conduct annual family surveys and make improvement goals based upon the results.
- Provide annual activities for the family to attend.
- Have professional development plans for all preschool staff members with evaluations to maintain program improvement.
We know that children have approximately 1,892 days from birth until school starts, and every day matters. It is important to us that children develop their self-confidence, social and emotional skills, and a love of learning.
To learn more about SUTQ please visit www.earlychildhoodohio.org
. Do you have a preschooler ages 3-5?
The Madison Local School District has 6 sections of preschool classes at Madison South Elementary. The classes meet Monday through Friday. Each class has a maximum of eight children who qualify for special education services and 8 typical developing peer role models. There is a licensed teacher and licensed paraprofessional in each classroom. You MUST be a resident of the Madison Local School District to enroll in our program.
If you have a preschooler (ages 3-5) who may have a developmental delay with their gross motor skills, fine motor skills, speech/communication, or social emotional development, please call Olivia Siegfried, Preschool Coordinator at (419) 522-4319 for more information.