If your Chromebook isn’t charging, or not turning on, please check the following items:
- Check for the light next to the charging port on the Chromebook. If it is not illuminated, then the Chromebook is not getting power.
- Inspect the AC power adapter. Check for any physical damage, and make sure that the power cable is firmly attached to the adapter brick and the Chromebook.
- Remove any power strips and surge protectors, then connect the ac power adapter directly to the ac power outlet.
- Verify the AC power source is working by plugging something else into the outlet, like a lamp.
Shutdown/restart the Chromebook:
- Hold the power button until the Chromebook completely shuts down and the screen is black
- Wait 10 seconds and turn the Chromebook back on.
Check for the newest version of the Chrome operating system:
- Click the time (lower-right corner)
- Click Settings (Gear Icon)
- Click About Chrome OS
- Click Check for Updates
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically
Clear cache and site data:
- Open Google Chrome
- At the top-right, click the 3 dot icon
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data
- At the top, select All time
- Next, check Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, leave the other options unchecked
- Click Clear data
- Shutdown/restart the Chromebook
If you’ve tried all these tips and your device still isn’t working, please take it to the library/media center to have the librarian look at it. They will either repair it or submit a technology help ticket to have the device repaired.