MECLC School Age Program is a 5-Star awarded program through the Step Up to Quality system. The Step Up to Quality system is Ohio's five tiered rating system for learning and developmental programs.
Programs with 5-Stars:
- Administrator and teachers have higher educational qualifications.
- Require administrators and teachers to complete 30 hours of specialized training every two years.
- Lower staff/child ratios
- Lesson plans are developed that support each child's growth using the Ohio K-12 learning standards.
- The program expands the continuous improvement process by developing an action plan with goals for overall program improvement.
- Use self-assessments to improve classroom practice.
The school age program consists of a latchkey program before/after school care, and a summer school age program. For more information about the school age program please call the program at 419-589-7851.