Class of 2021 and Parents / Guardians,
We are almost there!!!! It is hard to believe that your high school experience is almost over. I want to congratulate all of you on this tremendous accomplishment. The last two school years been a full of challenging situations. Throughout this time we were forced to go into periods of remote learning, missed out on sports seasons, and lost ceremonies and other school events. To say that this has been frustrating is a gigantic understatement. However, despite all of trials that you faced, I have seen the Class of 2021 display immense character, toughness, and ultimately Ram Pride. You have made the absolute best of any situation. I can speak for the staff when I say that the staff of the high school is very proud of each and every one of you.
With graduation fast approaching, I want to take this opportunity to pass along important dates and information regarding the ceremony.
Important Dates and Information:
- The graduation ceremony will be in person and held outdoors.
- It will take place at Ram Field at StarTek Stadium (on football field).
- The graduation ceremony will be held on Friday, May 28th at 7:30pm.
- If there is inclement weather on the day of graduation, the ceremony will be moved to the following day.
- The first inclement weather date is Saturday, May 29th, at 7:30 pm.
- The second inclement weather date is Sunday, May 30th at 2:00 pm.
- If the weather still does not look favorable on Sunday, the ceremony will be moved indoors. This may alter the number of guests per graduate.
- Students must arrive at 6:15 pm and report to the high school classroom that they are assigned.
- All students must be dressed appropriately (see below) in order to participate in the formal graduation ceremony.
- LADIES: Wear a light colored dress, preferably white. Do not wear slacks or jeans. Bring bobby pins to hold your cap in place.
- GENTLEMEN: Wear dress slacks, dress shoes, and a shirt and tie, preferably a white shirt. Hair should be clean and neatly combed. Caps will fit better if your hair is combed off your forehead. Do not wear tennis shoes, jeans, shorts or a shirt without a collar.
- Sunglasses may be worn because the ceremony is outside.
- Each student will receive five tickets to disperse to their friends and family. This number of tickets allows us to stay in compliance with state mandates on capacity. If the ceremony has to be moved inside the number of student guests will be reduced to two. Two of the five tickets the students receive will be marked accordingly.
- Tickets will be given to the students at rehearsal and they will decide who they invite to the ceremony.
- Each of the student’s five guests are asked to sit together and socially distance (six feet) from guests of other students.
- All Covid-19 protocols must be followed in order to attend the ceremony. This includes wearing of masks and social distancing.
I hope this helps! See you soon! Ram Pride!
Sean Conway, Principal
Madison Comprehensive High School