HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID AT MACC
STEP 1: Please notify MACC of your program of interest! This information is important to provide you with accurate financial aid information.
STEP 2: MACC will correspond with you through email! Make sure to check your email regularly.
- If you have an FSA ID: SIGN IN (If you don’t remember your user information, use the “forgot password” link. If you use a verified email or phone to receive a code, you will be asked to reset your password. It will be available immediately. If you use the security questions to reset your password, you will have to wait 30 mins before you can sign in)
- If you do not have an FSA ID: CREATE ACCOUNT and SIGN IN
You will be asked to verify your email and mobile number. Federal Student Aid will send a code to your mobile and another to your email. Enter the code to prove you have access to those accounts.
- ALL students should go to: APPLY FOR AID, then click > COMPLETE THE FAFSA FORM
IMPORTANT FAFSA REMINDERS
- You should never be charged to complete a FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- MACC’s school code is 030237
- Please use the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) when possible to import IRS information!!!
- FAFSA Results help determine your eligibility for available Federal Financial Aid and/or internal scholarships. If we have you matched to a program of interest, we’ll EMAIL you a financial aid offer. This offer will outline the sources and amounts of aid we recommend for funding. If you aren’t matched to a program of interest, we cannot create a financial aid offer for you.
Do I have to include my parent’s information on the FAFSA???
Your answers to questions on the FAFSA® form determine whether you are considered a dependent or independent student. The questions change a little from one year’s application to the next year’s; for instance, the 2022-23 FAFSA form asks whether you were born before Jan. 1, 1999, while the 2023–24 FAFSA form will ask whether you were born before Jan. 1, 2000.
STEP 5: Direct Student Loans (STNA & Phlebotomy students are not eligible)
- Complete Entrance Counseling
- Complete the Master Promissory Note
- Complete your Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement
This does not obligate you to a loan, it provides information about the loan process and provides necessary disclosures should you choose to take a student loan.
STEP 6: Call 419-589-6363 to schedule an appointment to finalize your financial aid. At MACC we meet with each student. Our goal is to help you explore all funding options and ensure sure you are making informed decisions about any debt you may acquire. Payment must be secured before class starts!!
NEED ASSISTANCE? WE’RE HERE TO HELP
If you need assistance with your FAFSA or Loan Requirements, please call our office at 419-589-6363 and make an appointment with a financial aid advisor.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED STEPS 1, 2, & 3.
BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- FSA ID/Password
- Federal Tax forms/W-2’s (If you are starting school in the 2022-2023 school year, you will need 2020 tax forms). You’ll need your exact address used on your tax form. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool isn’t always an option so having your forms on hand will make the process easier.
- Other sources of income from same tax year, such as child support, social security, workers compensation, unemployment, or any other form of income not reported on taxes
- Mobile phone that can receives texts and emails (if possible). If you do not have a mobile to access text/emails, make sure you know your email password so you can access it from a computer (Gmail works best).
WARNING!!! Mobile service is spotty in the building, so when you arrive and are near the
building entrance, connect to the GUEST Wi-Fi. You will be asked to enter your phone number to get a code. Once you receive the text, use that code to access the Wi-Fi.